Howdershelt Run Stream Mitigation Project
Howdershelt Run Stream Mitigation Bank is in partnership with Decota Consulting Co., and Harmony Environmental, LLC.
Bluegrass Stream is providing the construction and implementation of design. Decota Consulting Co, is performing the engineering tasks and Harmony Environmental, LLC is providing funding for the project.
The Howdershelt Run project is located in Preston County, West Virginia along a portion of an unnamed tributary of Fike Run near the town of Bruceton Mills in Preston Co., WV. The restoration project includes preservation, enhancement, establishment, and re-establishment of approximately 4,533 linear feet of various streams.
Various structures include constructed riffles, Rock Cross Vanes, Rock J Hooks, C and V Weir structures, riffles lined with river rock will be used to provide grade control, bank stabilization, and aquatic habitat to the restored watershed. Native trees, shrubs and grasses will be planted throughout the riparian corridor of the mitigation site as well.
- Approximately 4,533 linear feet of stream being preserved, enhanced, established or re-established to the watershed.
- Various rock and wood structures will be installed to provide bank stabilization, grade control and aquatic habitat to the stream.
- Approx. 2000/ LF of waterline installed with water troughs
- Replaced 2 culverts on the adjacent county road
- About Us
- Sycamore State Park
- Macedonia Christian Church Amphitheater
- Setters Ridge
- Howdershelt Run
- Mud Creek
- Center Point
- Glades Farm
- Kanawha Sapsucker Run
- Old Trace
- Myers Station
- Rogers Gap
- East Fork Indian Creek
- US 68 (Mitchell Run)
- Salt Lick
- Big Run
- Burrough's Hollow
- East Fork Little Sandy #4
- Glenn's Creek
- Left Fork Trace Creek
- Unnamed Tributary to Lancassange